Spring is here and summer is on the way. Get ready for your summer adventures with some Summer Driving Tips from the guys at Car Talk.
Here are some highlights:
- Make sure your radiator is in good shape. The radiator is essential to keeping your engine running cool. Jiffy Lube offers radiator service including flushing your system and filling it with the appropriate type and amount of coolant.
- Check your tire pressure, or let us do it during your next Jiffy Lube Signature Service Oil Change. Tire pressure increases with temperature. So if your tires were last filled in the cold they could be overinflated for the summer. Overinflated tires are not only bad for your vehicle’s handling but are unsafe as well.
- Have your steering and suspension checked. Winter can wash away the lubricants that keep these systems working properly. Your local Jiffy Lube technicians will lubricate your chassis as needed as a standard part of any Signature Service Oil Change .
- Get your oil changed. Summer is the most important time to keep your engine cool. Fresh oil reduces the friction in your engine allowing it to run smooth and cool.
- Check your air conditioning system. Make sure you’re A/C blows cold. If it doesn’t, get it fixed before you head out on vacation.
- Have your transmission checked and serviced. Heat is hard on your transmission. Your local Jiffy Lube can drain and fill your standard or automatic transmission to ensure that it shifts smoothly and reduce the risk of failure when the temperatures rise.
Check out the tips from Car Talk in detail on their blog.
No comments yet.